November 7, 2012 by wcobserver
1. There is an Entry fee (donation) of $5. It is preferred to pre-register at City Hall but we will accept entries the day of the contest.
2. After judging is completed, we invite any guest to participate in an “all you can eat” buffet and drinks for a $5(donation) per adult (kids 8 & under eat free). All contestants eat for free.
3. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking utensils, etc. The sponsors of the cook-off will provide an area for each contestant as well as bowls/cups.
4. Each contestant must cook a minimum of two quarts of competition chili prepared in one pot which will be submitted for judging. Chili must be pre-cooked. Adequate power will be available for heating purposes.
5. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number and be given an official judging cup. Each contestant should verify that the number on the bottom of their cup is the same as their assigned contestant number. Each contestant is responsible to deliver their cup, which must be filled to the bottom of the cup’s rim, to the judging area at the official time for judging.
6. Judges will vote for the chili they like best based on the following major considerations: good flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma, and color.
7. Participants need to arrive at 5:30 to set up.
7. Winner will receive a first place apron and a share of the proceeds collected.
Please contact Dave Roebke @ 684-9322 for any questions
Click here to visit the new website for our West Fork Parks. http://westforkparks.com/